Optimus Prime 18-Wheeler iPod Dock

I guess news of this Transformers Optimus Prime iPod dock has been floating around for a few months now, but this is the first time I’ve seen up close photos of this fun compact stereo in action.

optimus prime ipod dock

The dock features an 18-wheeler that provides a place for your iPod and speakers on its bed. At the front of the truck is a cab that happens to transform into everyone’s favorite transforming Autobot, Optimus Prime. The truck bed and speakers even can be concealed when there’s no iPod in the dock.

optimus prime ipod dock2

So if you’re a Transformers fan, and happen to own an iPod, you can pre-order one of these from Mugen Toys for $149.99. They’ve just started to ship in Japan, so you should be able to get your hands on one any day now.

[via ITmedia +D LifeStyle]

1. DDSquare.com says:

If you’re a transformer fan and you’ve got a iPod, the Optimus Prime iPod Dock will suit your desk just the way you like it to be.

The cab at the front ca…

2. van says:

Haha, actually that’s technically Ultra Magnus. Even though Magnus and Prime looked quite different in the animated movie – especially in upright mode – Hasbro were a bit cheap when it came to the toy, and simply painted Prime a different colour (white, exactly as above) to represent Magnus.

Still, it does indeed look awesome!

I’ve been exposed!

Nope, I can’t tell the difference between Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus or any of the trucks from the movie Convoy.

4. Autobots says:

This is great I could listen to it while having an amstel light hand shandy

5. Bishop Freeman says:

it’s very nice for an ipod dock. alot of people are going to like it and would buy it for docuration

6. PrimesGirl609 says:

Way way way to much money I know lots of fans would want this but thats alot of money. can I get it somewhere else?

7. happyrode says:

I agree with PrimesGirl thats a lot of money!

8. AdamCelikay says:

I had an 80′s toy exactly like that since ipods weren’t around it hauled a massive WALKMAN. LMAO

9. thegats99 says:

other than Optimus Prime, is there another gadget that is similar to the character Transformer?

10. Daniel gantt says: