Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Lifetime Clock Slows Time to a Crawl

by Paul Strauss

This clock tells time not in hours, minutes or seconds, but in years. It’s designed to very, very slowly make its way around the dial as you age.

Life Clock by Bertrand Planes

Each number on the dial corresponds to a 7-year period of your life. By taking a standard clock mechanism and slowing it to 1/61320th of the speed of a standard timepiece, artist Betrand Planes’ Life Clock is able to tell time over an 84 year period before it makes one full rotation around the dial.

If you manage to live through a full 360-degree sweep of the year hand, you’re doing pretty darned well.

[via VVORK via Inspire me, now!]

1. Daniel says:

I really want this. Either I’m going to build my own or, if this product is possible to buy anywhere? I’d buy it.

2. Pedro H. Carvalho says:

Terrible! It’s like mesuring the time you have left… Smells like death. Not even for free.

3. nudalz says:

How sad i’d be to see this one clock my whole life up until I die :S it wouldn’t feel good, lol

4. paul anderson says:

where can i get one?

5. Longjon says:

so after 82 you go back to the start again? i’d go for that…

6. Wicket says:

So what’s this things real purpose? A time keeper to tell you when you’re gonna kick the bucket after St. Paddy’s Day’s nonstop barrage of drinking Guiness and Jameson? Or will this tell you to stop smoking by counting down time to your death by stupidity?

Either way, I think this is cool. Kudos to non-alcoholics! XD

(No offense to smokers or hardcore drinkers out there, I had a few myself today.)

7. jamal says:

Hi where can I fiend this clock in my country . I am liveing
    In iran .
    jamal

8. Confuse-cious says:

how would you know when the battery goes flat?

9. Undefined says:

i wonder if someone has lost to the clock???

10. Dis Var says:

It’s like the clock of fate… Creepy, but cool… Mabye it’s like when it rotates, you die. But you wouldn’t even know it was moving…