X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Giant Keyboard Requires Massive Fingers (or Toes)

by Paul Strauss

If you’ve ever complained that the keys on your computer are too small for your fingers, have I got a keyboard for you. This ginormous keyboard is so big – How big is it, Bob? – It’s so big that in order to type on it, you need to walk almost 20 feet to get from one end of the keyboard to the other.

Giant Keyboard Rug by Maurin Donneaud

Built by electronics hacker Maurin Donneaud, the huge keyboard rug rolls out onto the floor, and lets your type with your socks on. In order to make the larger-than-life keys work, Maurin had to punch hundreds of individual holes under each letter to ensure that the conductive switches beneath the fabric would trigger when walked on.

Giant Keyboard Hole Punch

The whole thing kind of reminds me of the giant piano keyboard that Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia stomped all over in Big.

[Flickr via Ladyada via Hack a Day]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. It looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of the tom hanks movie back in the 80’s

2. joe says:

does that mean you have to find a table big enough for it?

3. And I thought typing with two fingers takes a long time. Phew!

4. Seth says:

This is stupid, it isn’t in qwerty format. How are we supposed to use it?

Are you telling me that you’re used to touch typing with your feet already? Does the fact that it’s not QWERTY really affect your walking efficiency?

6. Seth says:

Yeah it would, I’d get confused. Same thing happens when I have to enter a nickname or something in video games, I never know where to find the letters!

7. Sharon says:

Hi!

I work in a small school library and was searching the web for something like this. Do you sell these or did you just make it because you could? :D

Thanks!