X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Firefox 3 Easter Egg: the Robots have Arrived!

by Karen M.

Firefox 3 hit the streets less than 24 hours ago, and a nifty little easter egg has already been uncovered. Simply type about:robots in the url bar and you’ll get this:

Oh no! They really are taking over!

I think my favorite bit is “Robots have seen things you people wouldn’t believe.” I wish they had elaborated on that a bit, as I would love to get inside the robot mind. Oh wait they don’t have minds. Or is it that they don’t have souls? I get confused.

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. Caspar says:

I did miss a reference to Isaac…

2. tom says:

the first line is a tribute to isaac dude

• Caspar says:

:-) Thanks. I’m too much old school I guess. It seems that obvious sources don’t have to be mentioned anymore.

3. manchicken says:

What a neat little easter egg.

4. Nawel says:

the first line, isn’t one of Asimov’s rules of robotic?

funny stuff. I just did it and the text came in spanish (i have the spanish version of F3)

5. kentonue says:

the second one is a blade runner reference and the fourth is futurama.
    No idea about the third, gotta love them firefox robots!

• Warren says:

The third line is from Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Ditto “Please do not press this button again”.

6. oli35 says:

Just tried this out and another little funny thing is that when you click on ‘retry’ it then says ‘please do not click here again’ so of course, i clicked……ill let you all find out what happens next ;-)

7. Yanks Solong says:

“Your Plastic Pal Who’s Fun to Be With” is, I think, a reference to the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

8. unkennable says:

“And they have a plan.” is from the new Battlestar Galactica. :-)

9. MEMEME says:

Robots have shiny metal posteriors which should not be bitten.

Is this to do with bender

10. Manta says:

There’s a DTD with comments describing the source of each quote, type this as a URL:

chrome://browser/locale/aboutRobots.dtd

Found via exploring the source of about:robots …

• Manta says:

Oh, after entering that URL, press CTRL-U to view source, or enter

view-source:chrome://browser/locale/aboutRobots.dtd