Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Wii Pc Casemod, or as I Like to Call It: Nintendowindo Xp

by Paul Strauss

While most people like their Nintendo Wii just the way it is, this casemodder just couldn’t leave well enough alone, and insisted on gutting his Wii and replacing its innards with a PC.

Nintendo Wii PC Casemod

I’m not really sure if this should be considered an upgrade or a downgrade, but Japanese modder “Mr. H” cracked open the shell from his Wii, and replaced its brains with those of a fully-functional Windows XP PC.  The computer runs on a Celeron core, and has 512MB of RAM and packs a 40GB hard drive. And just like a “real” PC, it sports DVI video and USB ports. In order to make space, it looks like the DVD drive is no more.

Nintendo Wii PC Casemod

Other than the Wii-themed startup wallpaper, and the iconic white case itself, not much about the original Wii was preserved.

YouTube Preview Image

And while the Celeron 1.3GhZ processor isn’t going to win any speed records, it’s still about twice as fast as the Power PC chipset that powers the Wii itself. (So I suppose that’s an upgrade, right?)

[A9VG via YouTube]

1. eric says:

I would call it Wintendows

Yep. Like that name better.

FYI, I just found the perfect controller for this PC:

3. NeoCrisis says:

Its really not that hard to do.
    They already make Ultra small PCs the same size as the Wii. ASUS already has one (and I believe that it could even run a Core2Duo) but it has a dvd drive. Just take that out and cut a lil bit out of the Wii case and you’re set.

4. Anon says:

Wow, thats quiet

5. Don K says:

I was just going to say “Wintendo” but “Wintendows” is even better!

6. Ricky says:

Associating the XP blue screen of death with my beloved Wii makes me feel sick! Great piece of engineering though..

7. BoyMac says:

lol… boot takes too long…. get a Mac!

8. Donnie says:

After watching the vid most of the way through I finally had to mute it. There’s no way I could use a fan that loud in my pc – it sounds like a vacuum cleaner is running!

Still, cool mod – if you search on eBay you can get Wii cases.

9. Damien Seawright says:

how could have a wii pc casemod, or as i like to call it: nintendowindo xp
    for Damien Damien Seawrjght he need One