X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Console X-Rays: How to Get Inside Your Video Game System Without Voiding the Warranty

by Paul Strauss

If you’re a tinkerer like me, you’ve probably cracked the case open on at least a few of your electronic gadgets to see what they look like on the inside. But I bet you’ve never seen the guts of your video game console quite like this.

xbox_360_x_ray

It’s pretty obvious that’s an Xbox 360, but see if you can identify them all:

gamecube_xray

I’ll give you a clue. Look at the faint curved handle at the top. Yep, that’s a Gamecube.

snes_xray

Hmm, is that an NES or an SNES controller? You’ve got 2 seconds…

nes_xray

It amazes me how absolute empty the Atari 2600 case was compared to today’s consoles. Imagine how much better the graphics would have been if they’d actually filled the box with circuitry.

2600_xray

Contrast that to the jam-packed Sony PS3. There’s definitely not much room to wiggle inside that case:

sony_ps3_xray

This one is pretty self-evident. But is it a DS Lite, DS Phat or a DSi? And where are the cracked plastic hinges? Oh, they’re on my DS Lite.

ds_lite_xray

I’m assuming that the guy who took these photos works as a radiologist, or maybe in airport security. Or maybe he’s just got X-ray vision and cameras implanted in his eyeballs. Yeah, I like that idea best.

n64_xray

I’ll leave the rest of the images up to you to figure out.

wii_xray

I’ll give you a hint. This is NOT a transistor radio or an 8-track player – or is it?

nes_console_xray

All I know is that this guy definitely isn’t a SEGA fan.

wii_nunchuck_xray

You can check out the complete X-Ray fun gallery over on Reintji’s Flickr album.

[via Acid Mods]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. Thief says:

Wow that’s awesome. I can’t figure out what the 2nd last one is above the nunchuk.

2. mojo says:

Its an nes

3. aTm says:

ahh the ps2 third up lol how many times i’ve seen that thing apart is disgusting.

4. coolboy says:

@aTm

umm…i’m pretty sure that is a Wii. (note the slanted lower right hand corner, and where the optical drive is)

5. Matt says:

Yes, third up is a Wii. If you can’t figure one out, right-click, go to properties and read the file name.

6. Broo says:

yea- the 3rd from the bottom is a Wii; the PS2 only has 2 game ports and they are a little wider than the GC port on top of the wii.

The 2nd from the bottom is a good ‘ole classic NES; I have one sitting right under my TV for comparison… :o)

The way the cables are lit up is wierd; were these plugged in with voltage running through them when the ‘shots’ were taken?

7. Bolennart says:

the cables are made of metal and metals are rather dense. It’s the whole point with a x-ray, the denser material the brighter end image. That’s why the bones are brighter than the surrounding tissue.

8. Qwertilliopasd says:

I like how you can see the interior traces in the shift register on the NES controller.

theawesomer logo
Deal: Orso MochiBag Superbook for Android Kamikaze Dive Gunsai Attack Jeep Wrangler 75th Salute Concept 95octane logo
BMW M5 Pure Metal Silver Limited Edition Review: 2016 Lincoln MKX 2.7 AWD 2017 Nissan Juke May Lose Some of the Quirk First Drive Review: 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport mightymega logo
What Was Cut from Rey’s Vision in The Force Awakens? Quantum Mechanix 2016 Spaceship Scale Models SDCC Trailer for The LEGO Batman Movie Reveals Robin Justice League Footage Unveiled at SDCC