A Man and His Video Game Girl: the Love Plus Marriage

If you’ve been on the fence about whether or not Love Plus is a decent dating sim, wonder no more: one guy thought it was so good he actually went and married it. Or her. Her being one of the game’s virtual girlfriends, Nene Anegasaki.

tb neneloveplus

Ah, what a sweet young bride. So… uh… animated.

The thing that sets Love Plus apart from other dating sims of this time is that it revolves around actual interaction of this type… it’s just that I’m not sure anyone expected someone to take it to this extreme. With Love Plus, as soon as you get the girl,  you’re supposed to take her out and engage with her in the real world. As in, you take her on dates, where she probably eats as much as a real girl (but at least she costs less).

The proud new groom is planning a reception for November 22. He has invited the media to attend, so I’m sure there will be lots of interesting footage to check out. I wonder if anyone is going to ask him how he feels about all those other Nenes out there with all their boyfriends.

[via Tiny Cartridge]

1. Robotbling says:

This has got to be a publicity stunt… right?

2. haha says:

ohhhh bummer dude looks like me and Nene Anagasaki are havin an affair…too bad.

3. Sonya says:

I can honestly say I have seen it all!! LOL some people are just born morons……

4. SO gay says:

HAHAHAHAHA this guy has NO life whatsoever! What a freak…a sad lonely freak

5. *rz~ says:

I wonder how they have sex. Man, he’s giving us gamers a bad name. I can see the headline now, ” Addict gamer marries a character from a video game “.

6. xeno says:

This is really shocking in a horrific way. I first had the impression it was an online virtual chat sort of thing where there’d be another real-life woman on the other end, but this just scary. Mindblowing…I hope he finds a reallife replacement or he’ll end up institutionalized if not taking his own life in a few years..:l

7. Perkins says:

If you had the chance to make a change in your local community, what position of power and influence would you assume?

8. Lara says:

Do you look at your life differently now than before you were diagnosed?

9. Serna says:

Why is an alarm clock going “off” when it actually turns on?