Mimo 7-Inch LCD Monitor Perfect for Extra Menus

Ever need just a little more real estate on your computer screen? I certainly could. I spend an inordinate amount of time using programs like Photoshop and Flash, and could always use an extra place to put all those little palettes and menus.

mimo 7 lcd screen

These new MIMO displays from Korea’s Nanovision let you add a tiny 7″ LCD to your PC as a secondary monitor. Each mini-widescreen monitor features a sharp 800×480 display resolution, and can be rotated into landscape or portrait modes.

mimo 7 lcd screen 3

Just connect the MIMO display to your computer’s USB 2.0 port, install the included software, and you’ll be up and running. You can even connect multiples to the same PC without need for any special video card. They each just show up as additional monitors under your Windows display properties.

mimo 7 lcd screen 2

The UM-710 model (98,000 KRW / $78 USD) is the basic version, while the UM-750 (183,000 KRW / $147 USD) adds a touchscreen, a built-in webcam and a DMB television tuner (perfect if you happen to watch TV in Korea).

At this point, MIMO displays are only available in Korea, but hopefully they’ll find their way stateside at some point in the near future. For now, you’ll have to head on over to Funshop Korea and admire them from afar.

[UPDATE: I managed to find some similar Samsung displays that you actually CAN buy outside of Korea. Click here to read more.]

1. asdf says:

This the coolest photoshop tool since the tablet. Someone smuggle a few over and hit me up

If you can’t wait for these to hit the states, you should check out the Samsung Syncmaster 2263DX 22 which comes with a 7″ satellite monitor in the box.

Or maybe The SPF-105P 10-inch LCD doubles as a monitor when connected to your USB port.

3. Cole says:

My mind is flooded with want. I want a few of these so badly.

4. Chris says:

I allways wanted a little sidecar monitor for all my junk like: IM Client, Mp3 player, widgets, post its.

Well, I ordered the 10″ Samsung version, so I’ll post back once I have one and let you guys know how it works out. The MIMOs actually look nicer, as they have auto-pivot and a touchscreen for less money than the Samsungs, but without a way to get the MIMO here from Korea, I’ll take what I can get.

6. poco says:

I ordered the product yesterday. It’s being pre-ordered in funshop. Thay said shipping will begin within 1~2 weeks.
    If you have any question, as descriptions weren’t text but images, I think i can answer it. And please note, that Korean word “Use” is commonly mis-translated as ‘bitter’ in English. KR-EN translation softwares suck.. and so do my expressions.. –;

Poco: That’s cool that you were able to actually order one. Let us know how it works out. I’m dying to see how these things work.

8. Docop says:

Hey that’s great for you : Poco. Let us know. Or maybe we will be able to arrange a kind of group buy. Are you in Korea ?

9. Spooky says:

The display’s are ultra cool, its only evident that such thing keep emerging on the global market with so much of what has happened in this industry. Microsoft’s surface is a new addition to this and then apple keep on improving this display technology… i am hoping that the thin air displays start coming in really soon making the minority report effect more awesome.

10. poco says:

Docop: Yes I am.

11. italiano says:

waaaaaaaaaaay to expensive!!

12. Now available in the United States: http://www.thegadgeteers.com

Enjoy!

That’s awesome! Thanks for the tip Jeremy.

14. WhyFi says:

Shhhh!!! Don’t tell anyone – quantities are limited!

Just so you guys know, there’s a distributor going around using the name mimomonitors, and they are not in any way affiliated with Mimo. I’ve personally done business with the guys over at The Gadgeteers and have been very pleased with their service.

16. Dan says:

Could you tell me what is the actual size of the monitor, height, width, depth?

17. Fabrice says:

Hello

Please, where can I buy this product (MIMO) in France ?

thanks