X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Super Mario Chess Set: Peach to Goomba 4 – Checkmate!

by Paul Strauss

Mario and all his friends are ready to take on King Bowser and his Queen Koopa in this Super Mario collector’s edition chess set from USAopoly.

super_mario_chess_game

The chess set includes 32 hand-painted figurines from the classic Nintendo video game series including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, 1-up mushroom, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Birdo, Goomba, Hammer Bros., and Magikoopa.

super_mario_chess_board

I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’d rather have Toad playing the role of the pawns instead of some lousy gold coins – but beggars can’t be choosers, I suppose. And what’s with Luigi being the Queen to Mario’s King? That’s just a little too weird for me. I know Peach is just a Princess, but still – I think that might have been a better choice. At least Magikoopa looks the part of the bishop.

super_mario_chess_2

The entire set should be available this Fall, and can be pre-ordered now over at First4Figures for $44.99 (USD). At least they didn’t put a crown on Luigi’s head.

[via GoNintendo]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

Save yourself $5 bucks. I just found these over at Entertainment Earth for $39.99.

2. rusty says:

lol wish I had a set. you’d think the pawns would’ve been goombas though…

3. Rogerio says:

Como sou fã de Xadres e do Mário, achei um excelente brinquedo

4. Bob says:

check Amazon/eBay,i don’t have a price, but just check

5. Matt says:

I don’t know why Birdo is with Bowser. She should be with Mario. Goomba should be a pawn. Wario should be a rook. Make Luigi a bishop. Peach should be queen. I LOVE TOAD! He should be a knight. After all, Toad is Peach’s guard.

6. Jason says:

Birdo’s evil? Koopa Troopa is more evil. He should take Birdo’s place. Plus if she is “evil” she should be queen.

7. Jake says:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

8. Carla says:

My son Jacob loves mario

9. IggyVRam says:

Pawns-Goombas/Toads
    Rooks-Koopa Troopas/Wario & Waluigi
    Knights-Koopa Paratroopas/Yoshis(Red & Green)
    Bishops-Magikoopas/Luigi & Daisy
    Queens-Bowser jr./Mario
    Kings-Bowser/Peach
    This makes more sense to me because if Peach gets captured, the game is over.

theawesomer logo
Guillermo Del Toro’s Bleak House adidas Crazy Explosive Lose Yourself: Jazz Piano Remix BLIK Dry Erase Coloring Decal 95octane logo
Acura NSX GT3 Hits the Track for Practice Final Aston Martin DB9 Cars Roll off Assembly Line SYNC 3 finds a Home in All the 2017 Fords The Best BMW M on the Market Has a Growl for the Ages mightymega logo
Concept Trailer for Gene Roddenberry Biopic “The Pilot” Alternate Versions of Harley Quinn Star Trek Beyond Blu-ray to Come with USS Franklin Model Han Solo in Carbonite Cutting Board