Laptop Guitar Casemod Rocks

This has got to be one of my favorite casemods in a while. Guitar geek Ben Lewry had an old laptop lying around and decided to see if he could cram it inside of the body of an electric guitar.

Ben Lewry LCD Guitar Laptop Casemod

Ben Lewry LCD Guitar Laptop Casemod

The end result is a slick, interactive music device called the LCDetar. Lewry configured a music visualizer on the screen of the computer which displays a kaleidoscope of patterns as he rocks out on the guitar.

YouTube Preview Image

Ben has also recently completed a second guitar mod called the TVGuitar v2.0 which incorporates motion sensors into the case.

YouTube Preview Image

Rock on with your bad self, Ben.

[via TechEBlog]

1. binary says:

great mod, too bad he’s a beginner guitar player. put more work into your playing and less into your axe bud!

• Ty says:

the title is ‘laptop guitar casemod rocks’ and it does! it doesn’t mention anything about the players skill. are you a pro?

2. Jon says:

Jeez everyone’s a critic hey? ;)
    But seriously that is the shittest looking guitar ever!

3. AlisterMoses says:

That guy just made himself a billion friggin dollars. Every experimental rock band in the country is going to want one of those. Can you guys imagine what a show would be like with two or three of those? Hey Ben I’ll help ya get the word out!

4. JD says:

hehe the beginning of the 2nd video reminds me of when people used to move the whole NES controller when hitting mario’s jump button

sorry, i try to be positive but that thing is ugly. hunt down a friend who has been playing guitar for a while to record demo videos. keep practicing though

5. eli says:

Sorry but–this guy SUCKS a guitar. Stop being a geek and learn to play…

6. saioke says:

you guys do realize that hes showing off the guitar. how does anyone know he sucks when hes demistrating a guitar he made.

7. mehrue says:

he could go to a gibson. or ibanez would definitely develop a guitar based on his mod. it might, be real sketchy, but the concept is awesome.

as far as the guy’s playing goes: stop bitching. geez

8. The Spook says:

Man, you guys sound like a bunch of jack off guitar elitists. GO listen to Yngwie Malmstein, and go beat off with your guitars some more why dont ya? Its called music, it aint f**king a popularity contest. Got it?

9. JD says:

I think next up, you should install a touch screen with some program so you can control your effects chain right on the guitar itself.

10. Curtis says:

Unbelievably sweet…I just outed myself as a geek, right? Seriously, awesome concept. I agree with mehrue, the big dogs would likely jump on that in a heartbeat; and good idea, JD!

11. Ryan says:

Wow, what a neat idea. PLEASE patent this thing before I do, no shit. If you need help on how to do it, get back to me at WholeStaff@gmail.com and I will assist. Again, amazing idea and brilliant execution.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I don’t think you can patent something when it’s already been done and shared with the public like this. That’s what they call “prior art”.

On the other hand, if it’s not already patented, you could just start making them yourself.

13. bibby.... says:

from bibby and aan….

it a brilian idea…..

im so freaking to see you playing….

very nice…..

i hope you reply my comment….

thankzzzzzzz before…..

great job dude…..

14. That was great bud, I really wish I can have one.. Thanks for sharing..
    Keep it up!

15. Dude Man says:

Awesome … should sell them on ebay !

16. MR YELLOW says:

Wicked … I only play acoustic though …

17. This guitar is about as funny as the awesome link in my name … check it out !

18. Ralphomon says:

I’ve seen Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree playing something like this on tour.

19. TheGuitarLesson.com says:

Wow, how cool is that?!! Imagine playing a gig, all dark with just the lights of the guitar and the music…
    :-)