IPhone + Piano = Iano

I don’t know what’s in the water this week, but I seem to have a serious music theme going on here. Do you like to play piano? Got an iPhone? Well, if you happen to have jailbroken yours, you can now turn it into a musical instrument.

iphone piano iano

iPhone developer Mister Aardvark has just released iAno, a true multi-touch piano simulator for the iPhone.

The simulator offers a complete four-octave keyboard (you jump around the keyboard using the arrows at the top of the screen), with polyphonic sound allowing up to five keys to be played simultaneously. its loaded with real piano samples, making it sound just like the real deal.

Aardvark plans on adding additional features such as a complete 88-key keyboard, switchable sample sets, recording and playback, as well as support for loading .MID tracks and playing them back.

[Installing iAno via QJ.NET]

1. thescholar says:

how are they going to put an 88 key keyboard on there unless you attach, like, 4 more iphones to the first one?

very fun!

2. WTF says:

wow! | February 18th, 2008 at 9:52 am
    hahahahaha Ano means in spanish that dark hole you have at the end of your back…. yeah!

xDDDD ano = ass xDDD¡¡¡¡¡

Yeah, the guy who made this application is painfully aware of that, and is thinking about changing the name.

4. pareze prz says:

i think the iphone piano is wicked.

5. sara says:

super this is the moust great thing

6. wazeem says:

BEST PHONE

7. yu says:

nonsense! i downloaded a guitar application into my iphone and its terrible! put a classical instrument into it sounds funny man!

8. Basilsik says:

haha…It’s just nonsense!
    It’s seems you’ve to play piano just by one finger! (’cause the touchscreen may confuse!)

9. um. name! says:

cool but why??

10. darlenis says:

i love this phone but i love the blackcerry storm 2 so idk wtz more better

11. How are you to play the piano with only 8 keys on the screen? I don’t see how. Does anyone know?

Looking for iAno? It’s been replaced with MooCowMusic’s Pianist and is downloadable from the iTunes App Store for just $3.99 USD.

13. I hate it says:

IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING AS YOU CAN GET CONFUSED BY THE SCREEN

14. J says:

what is this song??????
    I’ve heard it before!

• Si says:

It’s “Clocks” which I think is originally by Coldplay, but I’ve only heard the classic Ibiza style trance remix of it.

15. tootoolay says:

hi
    what can I play?

• tkviper says:

check out iPlay CG. It’s designed for playability on the go. You can play a song, record it, and upload it so others can learn it. You can download songs from others and learn to play them with the built-in learning system.
      the URL is http://iplay.wkode.com
      there are a bunch of videos on youtube about this app.

16. iphone says:

i have got 2 iphone one my mother bought it for me and the other my freind . LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

17. Abi says:

Hey! Im a real piano lover and corently learning pachabelles canon though i realy need to learn it soon so i have 2 questions:
    1.can you get iano on ipod touch?
    2.can you scrowl the piano along so you can play higher or lower?

Signed ???CONFUSSED???

18. mj says:

wowwwwww………..

19. ELa says:

Hahahahhahahahahhhaauahuhuahuauaii im Sorry …No it’snt A beautiful ????

20. troy says:

the best phone so far…

21. kiki says:

how?
    ihave an iphone

22. MooCowMusic says:

Just some quick info to anyone who cares: Yes, I _did_ rename the app to appease the Spanish, and also re-branded from Mister Aardvark to MooCowMusic. There was method in that madness: at the time I was giving software away for free to a ‘hacker’ community and I wanted a self-deprecating, pretend company name. Shortly after that everything took off any I now have a successful mobile app company with a stupid name. :) At least my bank manager has a laugh about it.

This application “iAno” was renamed to “Pianist”, and a later version was released in the App Store where it’s done spectacularly well. Now I get musicians using my apps on national US TV, but I still remember fondly how it all started with iAno and people asking me how to play Coldplay riffs on their jailbroken iPhones.

More information at http://moocowmusic.com

By the way, I _love_ the fact that I can search for the word “Piano” in Google Images and it returns _my_ little iPhone app in the top 5 most relevant searches. And I’m hugely grateful to this site in somehow achieving that.