X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop! Follow Us: Subscribe | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
AWESOMER MEDIA SITES: THE AWESOMER | MIGHTYMEGA | 95OCTANE
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire While Teen Sleeps

by Shane McGlaun
Advertisement

A 13-year-old teen girl got quite a fright recently when she woke from sleeping to the smell of something burning. She quickly realized that burning smell was her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, which had overheated and caught fire. Samsung was quick to point the finger at other sources for the blaze.

samsung-burnzoom in

The first thing that Samsung noted was that the battery inside the phone was not an original Samsung part. Presumably, the teen had replaced the battery with an aftermarket component.

The girl’s father believes that the phone itself overheated leading to the battery fire when it slipped between the bed and the girl’s pillow while she slept. Samsung pointed out that its documents included with the phone warn of fire hazard if you cover the phone with bedding or other material. Regardless, Samsung has asked that the phone be sent in for an investigation.

[via MyFoxDFW]

Deals in The Technabob Shop



Advertisement

More from Awesomer Media...

Good Smile Company TMNT Krang Statue

Good Smile Company TMNT Krang Statue

Gentle Giant Deadpool Logo Bookends

Gentle Giant Deadpool Logo Bookends

Icemule Boss Backpack Cooler

Icemule Boss Backpack Cooler

GoPro Kitty

GoPro Kitty

Porsche Offers up First Braided Carbon Fiber Wheels

Porsche Offers up First Braided Carbon Fiber Wheels

2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid Review: Luxury SUV Superhero

2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid Review: Luxury SUV Superhero