Xbox 360 Arcade Controller Blows My Mind

Can’t get enough of the classic arcade games up on Xbox Live? Then you probably know how miserable it can be to play most of the old school arcade games with the 360’s modern controller. I guess that’s why this one-of-a-kind custom 360 arcade controller has me green with envy.

xbox 360 custom arcade

Created by master joystick builder ShaolinDrunkard, it’s just one of several gorgeous custom arcade sticks he’s designed and constructed.

xbox 360 glowing buttons stick

The hand built arcade controller uses serious arcade quality controls from Sanwa and Seimitsu, with dramatic LED backlighting behind each button. There’s even an awesome green glow which emanates from inside of the sparkly joystick knob.

xbox 360 arcade control lit

It’s all housed inside of a substantial oak box, and decorated with the familiar Xbox 360 green rings design (thankfully, no red rings here). Now if only he’d mass-produce these things…

1. xbox console says:

My kids are crazy about xbox. Everytime I have to shut their TV down. I always believed xbox is addiction and now scientists got proof of it :) . But all in all great console , much better than playstation (yes i like xbox).

Hey , by the way , nice blog , I really enjoyed info in it .

Thanks for the nice comment…. It’s you guys that really keep me going.

3. overklokan says:

how big is that thing actually? when i saw 1st picture i thought it’s sort of sci-fi table lol …

4. Zach says:

This controller is amazing! i would soo get one if they where for sale!
    Nice blog btw, keep it up!

5. John-Michael Bishop says:

dude, please……please…..please make me one, i’ll pay you whatever you want just make me one and mail it to me. Send me an email if you’re interested

6. Kyle B. says:

This one is probably better… and it’s two players and already mass produced.

You can get it here:

I’ve actually got one of those X-Arcade Tanksticks at home. It’s awesome, but a massive beast. I did a review a while back in case you’re interested…

8. zak says:

Where did he get the glow in the dark/lit buttons?

I think they’re these Seimitsu PS-14-K “skeleton” buttons, with LED backlighting added behind them. They come in transparent jeweltone colors, so if you put a white LED behind them, they’ll look like they’re lighting up in color.

10. Myke says:

awesome! is this customized or is this available online or in comp/game shops?

11. Anthony says:

This is preety easy to make, (all you have to do is take apart a wired controler, and solder wires etc.) but it looks really good!

12. Daniel TM says:

DUDE!!!! i would kill 4 this… on street fighter that is :P

Microsoft needs this compared 2 MadCatz…….

13. Daniel TM says:

Q: Wheres the RT and LT?????

14. Jeff Fehsenfeld says:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/689/689498p1.html they have new soul calibur ones you can buy them on ebay

15. R3LL1K says:

Beautiful joystick do you know if he’s powering the led’s from the controller or seperate adapter? I made a wireless one which is larger but I wanted it large I can place it on a table or my lap and it feels solid. Here’s a link to a pic.

16. R3LL1K says:

The link didn’t post in my other message for some reason?

17. TLKUK says:

please please please, can someone link me up, I would have the biggest order for you if you could make these sticks with the same components, its very similar in componets to the Hori’s Real Arcade Pro EX SE, which is almost indistructable. have you got a website that you sell these on? I would buy a hand made stick anyday of the week!!!

18. Jayt says:

Technabob, is there any cheap arcade style controllers for PC available? Something with decent quality as well. I want one but don’t have $200 for the X-arcade product lines