Ultra-Precise Elecom Scope Node Mouse Looks Like It was Made for Ninja Turtles

Finally: A Ninja Turtle-friendly mouse. How could all of you mouse-manufacturers ignore this demographic? Is it because there are only 4 of them? Well if you gave them usable mice earlier then they would have found dates online, don’t you think? You disgust me. All of you except for Elecom, who are going to release what they claim is the world’s most precise mouse, as accurate as writing with a pen on paper. And it’s TMNT-friendly.

elecom snode 1

See where Donatello would place each of his fat turtle fingers? That’s customer satisfaction right there. Elecom’s not just keen on winning Cowabungas of approval though; for us ordinary humans the Scope Node is a precision mouse.

elecom mouse

Although it only has a 1600 dpi rating – Logitech’s G9x can be adjusted to as high as 5000 dpi – Elecom says that their new Scope Node  is the world’s most precise mouse because of where they placed the sensor, which is “where a pen point might be located once placed in the user’s hand.” That statement confuses me, because I would think that the pen point would be in the user’s hand, so let’s just have a look at the bottom of the Scope Node:

elecom snode 2

There we go. Now it makes sense. As with most available mice, the Scope Node will connect via USB and will be compatible with major operating systems.

scope node

Softpedia says that the Scope Node sells for ¥6,300 ($64 USD). Not bad for the world’s most precise and the only TMNT-friendly mouse. Radical!

[image credit: HardForum]

1. Inky says:

What the hell is with the turtle references to this? It isn’t green, I don’t get your (bad) humor?

• lambert v. says:

“See where Donatello would place each of his
      fat turtle fingers ?”

• Inky says:

I still stand by my statement, it’s a bad joke you run through the entire writeup that doesn’t make any real sense.

• technabob says:

I promise never to allow another TMNT reference when writing about a computer mouse again!

• lambert v. says:

Note to self: make sure that something is green before making TMNT jokes about it.
            But seriously Inky, even if you don’t like my posts I hope you’ll still drop by from time to time. You can always skip the ones I write if you want.

• Regz says:

I thought it was funny :D

Anyone actually get their hands on this thing? I wanna know what it’s like in the real world.

• Petey K says:

It feels small in the hand like a laptop mouse.

Can’t say it’s more precise than my ordinary mouse. Seems very sensitive, so had to lower my pointer speed.

Would have liked i to feel a little heavier and cheaper :P
            Honestly this isn’t going to replace my Wacom tablet. I conclude Elecom has made a lot marketing spin on this. But then again I did just buy it for the product design.

2. Closet Rat says:

Quick on the ball that one is…

3. Closet Rat says:

–I think this thing looks wild (which makes me like it), but I’d rather try modding a cheap-o mouse from Wal-mart & test that re-location idea before I blew 70 bucks on this thing…

4. German_Fr00p says:

I Got it for 25 € And its the Best mouse i ever had, Period…

About you guys:
    ¯\(°_o)/¯ Dunno, lol

5. Thomas Anderson says:

Same thing here. I got it for EUR 20 here at a media discounter. Mine is a cordless version though. I works fine and indeed looks good. Pain is however that the scroll wheel stopped functioning after 6 month every-day-use. Other pain is that you can’t open it, so no DIY repair.