The PlayStation 4 is getting a new officially-licensed controller, with a shape is closer to an Xbox One controller rather than the familiar DualShock that fans know. The Vantage controller from Scuf Gaming offers many customization possibilities, and looks like a great option for PS4 players looking to get more out of their joysticks.
Among its capabilities, the new controller features adjustable triggers with extenders and stops, customizable thumbsticks, a paddle system and other features that give players an edge in all of their favorite games. Chck out the diagram below for a breakdown of everything that’s included.
Here is a rundown of some of the features:
- Side-mounted right and left ‘Sax’ buttons – designed to fit the natural placement of a player’s fingers and provide additional configurability
- Removable faceplate – makes it easy to change thumb sticks & personalize the controller
- Advanced audio control for wired connection – a simple swipe of the audio touch bar adjusts the volume while players can keep their hands on the controller
- Removable vibration modules – players can reduce the weight of the controller and lessen hand fatigue
- Paddle control system with four removable back paddles
- A quick-access remapping switch
- Customizable thumbsticks with 3 different heights in either a concave or convex configuration
- Adjustable Hair triggers
- Trigger stops and extenders
- Choice of D-pads
- Interchangeable magnetic faceplate
For an additional $30, you can personalize your controller with a variety of color options, including a selection of faceplate, button, and trigger colors.
The wireless version costs $200, while the wired version is $170, though that one doesn’t include a travel case. The Scuf Vantage controller should be available late in summer 2018. I’m a DualShock guy, but to be honest, this is very tempting.